Create a flower pot cupcake stand with flower pots and foam board.
My friend Caroline made this cute cupcake stand for her daughter’s graduation. It was easy to make and was such a great graduation party idea.
Supplies you need:
- 2 flower pots, one bigger than the other
- 12×12-inch piece of foam board (or you can use a piece of wood)
- paint (you can use spray paint or a small container of acrylic paint)
- Wrapping paper or tissue paper to cover the foam board or wood
- Printout of whatever you want to decoupage onto the flower pot (school logo or mascot for a graduation)
- Mod Podge
- Glue Gun and glue sticks
Paint the flower pots.
I think spray paint is the easiest and fastest way to paint the flower pots, but if you don’t have spray paint, acrylic paint with a paint brush works just as well.
Cut foam board or wood to the desired square size.
The size will depend on the size of your flower pot. 12″ x 12″ is a good size.
Cover the square foam board or wood with wrapping paper or tissue.
You can see in the photo below that wrapping paper is wrapped around the square foam board and taped on the bottom. This will not be noticeable unless someone gets underneath your tray.
Decoupage printout onto flower pots.
After you find and print whatever you’d like to decoupage onto the flower pots (check your school’s website for images), use scissors to trim around the design. Brush Mod Podge on the pot where you want to place the printout/design. Then place the printed design on the pot. Brush more Mod Podge on top of the design.
Glue the flower pots and foam board together.
Using a glue gun, glue the pieces together as outlined below.
- Glue one of your pieces of covered foam core to the center of the bottom of the larger flower pot.
- Glue the smaller flower pot onto the tray that you just glued on to the larger flower pot.
- Glue the top tray onto the smaller flower pot.
And that’s how you make a flower pot cupcake stand. Super easy and it doesn’t take much time.
If you’re planning a graduation party, take a look at some of my other posts.
- Photo Booth Backdrop Ideas
- Cotton Candy Station
- S’mores bar
- Graduation Senior Table Photo Poster
- Graduation Party Centerpiece (with pom poms and pictures)
- Graduation Photo Guest Book
- Another Graduation Photo Guest Book
- Dr. Seuss inspired Guest Book
- Card Box ideas, includes request for guests to address envelopes
- Graduation Card Box
- Graduation Centerpiece in galvanized tin
- Graduation Centerpiece in mason jar with pom poms
- Graduation senior board
- How to make a popcorn bar
- Frame Luminary
- Senior Table Photo Poster
- Photo Displays for Graduation Parties
- Hinged Frame with photo clips idea
- Graduation Money Gift Box
- Flower Pot Graduation Cupcake stand
- How to make a Donut Bar
- Graduation Party Sign Ideas – Easel Signs with Vinyl Letters
- DIY Cake Stands for your Food Bars