A sweet food bar idea for your next party!
A DIY donut bar is always a hit. We put together a small one for our graduation party and almost every donut was gone by the end of the party.
Some of the links on my website are affiliate links which means that I may earn small commissions at no additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase.
Key components of a donut bar:
A great sign is always a good touch for any party food bar. I bought a donut sign kit off of etsy. This chalkboard sign kit contained digital signs for both spellings of the word donut. I know that “donut” is technically the wrong version, but I chose to use that sign. I printed it at Office Depot and mounted it onto foam board with spray adhesive.
There are also several table-top sign options on Amazon. Click the images below to check out the details and prices.
Donut display stand
The best looking part of the donut is the top so include a display stand option on your diy donut bar that faces your donuts towards the guests. You can find tabletop display stands and full wall display stands. I got really lucky because my father-in-law made mine for me. See the links below for some options that you can purchase on Amazon.
I also love these donut stands from etsy (shown below).
The donut display below from etsy is a very popular one! Check out its rating!
Cake plates and/or stick donut stands
You’ll need to put a lot of donuts on your donut table bar. I used DIY cake stands in varying heights on my table. See my post to see how easy it was to make these! Another great way to display the donuts on the table is to use donut stick display stands.
Consider having donut bags so that your guests can grab a donut to take home as a party favor. I bought Avery labels and used an Avery template on the Avery website to design my donut bags. Doing it myself saved lots of money and was very easy. There are SO many design options on the Avery website. See my donut bags post for more information about making the donut bags.
Hosting a Graduation Party?
If you’re hosting a graduation party, take a look at some of my other graduation posts:
- Photo Booth Backdrop Ideas
- Cotton Candy Station
- S’mores bar
- Graduation Senior Table Photo Poster
- Graduation Party Centerpiece (with pom poms and pictures)
- Graduation Photo Guest Book
- Another Graduation Photo Guest Book
- Dr. Seuss inspired Guest Book
- Card Box ideas, includes request for guests to address envelopes
- Graduation Card Box
- Graduation Centerpiece in galvanized tin
- Graduation Centerpiece in mason jar with pom poms
- Graduation senior board
- How to make a popcorn bar
- Frame Luminary
- Senior Table Photo Poster
- Photo Displays for Graduation Parties
- Hinged Frame with photo clips idea
- Graduation Money Gift Box
- Flower Pot Graduation Cupcake stand
- How to make a Donut Bar
- Graduation Party Sign Ideas – Easel Signs with Vinyl Letters
- DIY Cake Stands for your Food Bars