A DIY cake stand is perfect for any food bar.
It isn’t hard to make a DIY cake stand and there are many options of items to use as a base and just as many options for what to use for your plate. In this post I’ll show you I made these cake plates. I’ve made many cake plates, but love these because there wasn’t any painting involved and it took me less than 30 minutes to make all 6 diy cake stands.
- Chargers (these are from Hobby Lobby)
- Large doilies (these are from Dollar Tree)
- Candle sticks (these are from Hobby Lobby)
- E6000 adhesive
I needed to make 6 cake stands. I found a candle stick holder that came in three heights. Varied heights are perfect for food bars because it allows you to get depth and dimension on your table.
Turn a charger upside down on the table.
Place a generous amount of the E6000 adhesive around the top of the candle holder.
Press the candle stick holder onto the bottom of the plate, in the center.
Press firmly and hold for a couple of minutes.
Turn the diy cake plate right-side up.
Place a doily on the cake plate.
These chargers are decorative and are not made for food, so it is necessary to place the food on a doily.
I’ve linked my YouTube video for this project below.
A great addition to any food bar
You can fill these cake plates with food for any food bar:
- donuts on a donut bar
- sandwiches on a sandwich bar
- cupcakes on cupcake bar
- cookies on a cookie bar
- … and more!
I used my tiered cake stands for a graduation party. If you’re planning a graduation party, please see my other graduation party posts linked below:
- Photo Booth Backdrop Ideas
- Cotton Candy Station
- S’mores bar
- Graduation Senior Table Photo Poster
- Graduation Party Centerpiece (with pom poms and pictures)
- Graduation Photo Guest Book
- Another Graduation Photo Guest Book
- Dr. Seuss inspired Guest Book
- Card Box ideas, includes request for guests to address envelopes
- Graduation Card Box
- Graduation Centerpiece in galvanized tin
- Graduation Centerpiece in mason jar with pom poms
- Graduation senior board
- How to make a popcorn bar
- Frame Luminary
- Senior Table Photo Poster
- Photo Displays for Graduation Parties
- Hinged Frame with photo clips idea
- Graduation Money Gift Box
- Flower Pot Graduation Cupcake stand
- How to make a Donut Bar
- Graduation Party Sign Ideas – Easel Signs with Vinyl Letters
- DIY Cake Stands for your Food Bars