This patriotic pepperoni pizza shows your patriotic spirit at any event!
We have picky pizza eaters in our family so we stuck to simple ingredients for our patriotic pepperoni pizza.
- Bag of Hormel Original Pepperoni slices (or any the kind of your choice). You’ll need about 70 slices.
- Store bought pizza crust (We used Pillsbury Classic pizza crust.)
- A few slices of mozzarella cheese
- Italian blend cheese
- 1 jar of Ragu pizza sauce
- 1 jar of Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan (or Alfredo sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Blue food coloring
- Note: you will need a small star cookie cutter (to be used for the stars on the flag).
Steps to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and back for 7-9 minutes. Reference your pizza dough can for detail instructions.
- Using a knife, mark the section of the dough that will be the blue part of the flag. This is important because you don’t want any red sauce to be in this section of the pan.
- Mix a cup of the Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan with a couple of drops of blue food coloring.
- Carefully spread the blue sauce mixture in the space marked for the blue part of the flag.
- Cover the remainder of the pizza dough with the red pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over the dough, except for the blue section.
- Place the slices of cheese on a cutting board. Use the star cookie cutter to cut the star shapes from the sliced cheese. Make about 25 stars. Place the stars in the blue section of the pizza.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each end of the pepperoni off so that you can use the pepperoni to make stripes. You’ll want the cut pepperonis to be the same size so that they line up nicely for the stripes.Place the pepperonis on the pizza in stripes on the pizza leaving the blue space pepperoni free.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each end of the pepperoni off so that you can use the pepperoni to make stripes. You’ll want the cut pepperonis to be the same size so that they line up nicely for the stripes. For less greasy pizza, place the pepperonis on a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. The paper towel will absorb some of the grease. Then place the pepperonis on the pizza in stripes on the pizza leaving the blue space pepperoni free.
- Bake pizza for 12-15 minutes.
The pizza is yummy!
Planning a patriotic party? See my other posts below.