A themed drink is a great finishing touch to a 4th of July food table. This one is always a hit as it fascinates guests.
Ingredients that we used:
- Blue Gatorade (We use Gatorade Fierce Blue Cherry; Frost works too)
- Mountain Dew Code Red, red fruit punch, or cranberry juice
- Diet 7-up
- Patriotic drink umbrellas
Steps to Make this punch:
- Fill up the cups with ice.
- Pour the red drink (fruit punch or Mountain Dew Code Red) in first. Note: the drink with the most sugar must be on the bottom.
- Slowly pour the blue Gatorade into the cup. It works best if something helps soften the pour. For example, you could pour onto the ice cubes to “break the fall” of the drink. If you don’t do this, the colors of the drinks will mix. This is why pouring slowly is important.
- Pour the Diet 7-up in last.
- Add a fun and festive patriotic umbrella to your drink.
Planning a patriotic party? See my other posts below: