I’m so excited about my new DIY earrings leather shipment!
This leather haul DIY earrings post shares my recent shipment receipt of new leathers for my DIY earrings projects. I am always looking for new leather options that cut nicely with my Cricut machine. I like leathers that are soft, that look good on the back side, and that are a great thickness for my Cricut. These are all aspects that are often difficult to see online. I’m super excited about this leather!
My website contains affiliate marketing links, which means that when you make a purchase after clicking my links, I may receive a small commission for any sales made from links you click on. This doesn’t change the price you pay for the items.
Watch me unbox this new leather shipment in my YouTube video below.
This was a new etsy shop for me. I decided to buy from the shop for a few reasons.
- Size of leather – most of these leather pieces came in 5×5 inch pieces. I loved this because I can make so many different earring designs with these scraps.
- Price – The price for these leather scraps was great. I paid about $2.50 per piece.
- Designs – I loved the various textures, colors and designs.
- Visibility to the back of the leather – I liked that the shop owner showed pictures of the back of each leather.
I bought this leather at this shop on etsy. The site is huge, but I had the most fun shopping in the mix packs section of the website. In this section they have multi-sheet packs in various sizes (5×5, 6×6, 10×10).
Some of the leathers that I purchased are below.
I can’t wait to get started with these leathers. They’re super soft and feel like great material. I also like the thickness and have confidence in the cuts on the Cricut machine.
My other favorite Leather options:
My favorite faux leather options:
My DIY Favorite Earring Supplies
- Cricut Machine – I recommend the Cricut Explore Air 2 or the Cricut Maker.
- Earring supplies – earring hooks, jump rings, pliers, jump ring tool. This is the kit that I bought on Amazon and love it! It has a bundle of faux leather sheets as well as all of the tools you’ll need to make earrings.
- Earring wire hooks with balls – I used this style of hook for these earrings. They’re super easy to use and won’t require jump rings or jump ring tools/pliers.
- Cricut Cutting Mats – You need new or very sticky cutting mats.
- Cricut Easy Press – There are a few options. All work, but I usually use a 9″ x 9″.
- Cricut Easy Press Mat
- Basic Cricut Tools
- Cricut Brayer
- Huge Cricut tools Bundle
- Leather hole punch – larger holes
- Leather hole punch – smaller holes
- Leather Scissors
- Here is what I use to smooth my leather edges.
- Crafter’s Pick Fabric glue or E6000 glue
- Heat and Bond
- Earring Backs
- Earring Cards
- Plastic bags for earrings
If you enjoy making diy earrings, check out my other posts below.
Everyday Earrings DIY
- Leather Bar Earrings DIY
- How to Emboss Leather Earrings
- DIY Angled Fringe Earrings
- Leather Circle Earrings
- DIY Fringe Leaf-Shaped Earrings
- Cross leather earrings
- FRI-YAY Leather Earring DIY
- Leather Bar Earrings DIY (with metal charm)
- How to Make Genuine Leather Earrings
- Statement Earrings
- Teardrop Cork Earrings
- Hollow Faux Leather Earrings – Teardrop and Leaf Shaped
- Faux Leather Tall Stacked Earrings
- Faux Leather Circle Earrings
- Split Teardrop Faux Leather Earrings
- Faux Leather Stacked Marquise Earrings
- Stacked, wavy earrings – KSU
- Faux leather leaf cutout earrings
- Faux Leather earrings with fringe
- Faux Leather Teardrop Earrings
- Faux Leather Bar Earrings
- Faux Leather Leaf Earrings
- Football Earrings – Teardrop with football cut out
- Stacked Football earrings
- Chiefs Football Teardrop Earrings
- Chiefs Heart Teardrop Earrings
- Chiefs Arrowhead Earrings
- Chiefs Arrowhead on Teardrop Earrings
Valentine’s Day Earrings
- 40 Great Valentine’s Day DIY Earrings
- LOVE Leather Earrings DIY
- Valentine’s Day earrings DIY (heart shape)
- Heart Earrings DIY (Iron On)
- Heart Earrings DIY (with heart cutout)
- DIY Valentine’s Day Earrings
St. Patrick’s Day Earrings
Winter-Themed Earrings DIY
- Snowflake Cutout Teardrop Faux Leather Earrings
- Snowman Leather Iron On Earrings
- Buffalo Check Snowman Cutout Earrings
Christmas -Themed Earrings DIY