Valentine’s Day breakfast just got easier!
Pillsbury shared a fun way to make cinnamon rolls a perfect Valentine’s Day treat. It looked easy and only had ONE ingredient so I had to do it (and my son loves cinnamon rolls). I did add one twist, I colored the icing pink.
- 1 can (13 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated flaky cinnamon rolls with icing
- red food coloring
Steps to make:
- Heat oven as directed on the cinnamon roll package. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. I ended up using a baking sheet because I couldn’t fit all the heart-shaped cinnamon rolls into the 9-inch round pan.
- Unwind each roll into a long strip of dough, leaving center rolled. Then roll the unrolled end of the strip toward center, making the two sides the same. Pull the center of the dough strip down to make a point, making a heart shape; pinch the point. Place each of the hearts in the pan.
- Bake as directed on the cinnamon roll can or until golden brown.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, add one drop of red food coloring to the icing and stir.
- When cinnamon rolls are done, cool 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Spread the pink icing over the warm rolls.
So yummy! I can’t wait to tackle other shapes!